To prepare for the upcoming winter season ahead of us, there are several things a homeowner can do to aid in proper plumbing operation and safety during the colder months. However, there are always unexpected and unwelcome issues that may arise in spite of the best preparation efforts. High Mark Plumbing is ready to assist you with any and all problems you may encounter and provides professional emergency plumbing in Coquitlam 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for your convenience.
Items to add to your fall “to do” list include:
- Cleaning out all of the gutters on your home of leaves and other debris. This ensures that after water freezes in your gutter systems that when it begins to thaw, it can drain properly and in the most effective manner.
- Shut off and completely drain all of your outdoor plumbing fixtures. These are the most common source of frozen pipes.
- Insulate pipes and spigots that are exposed to the cold air. This prevents condensation from dripping and causing heat loss.
- Disconnect outside hoses from your home and fully drain them. Water left inside the pipes and hoses can freeze, break the hose and pipes connected to it.
- Allow the technicians at High Mark Plumbing to flush your water heater to remove sediment that has accumulated at the bottom.
Contact High Mark Plumbing at (604) 945-6060 to schedule routine maintenance on your plumbing systems for your emergency plumbing in Coquitlam. We look forward to helping you make sure that your plumbing equipment operates in the most effective manner possible at all times throughout the changing seasons.