If you are building a new home or want to upgrade your current water heater, you should know about the different types and their advantages. Here are the five main kinds of hot water heaters in Burnaby from which you can choose:
- Conventional Tank Water Heater– This most popular option involves a sizeable cylindrical tank that holds water that is ready to be heated. Different sizes are available according to your usage, and the tank is insulated to keep water warm that has been heated until you need it.
- Tankless or On-Demand Water Heater– No tank is necessary for this water heater, and it is incredibly energy-efficient. Water is heated when needed by super-heated coils that fill with water. This unit works quickly and can provide an unlimited supply of hot water on demand. They work well with natural gas.
- Heat Pump Water Heater or Hybrid – This water heater uses heat from the air and ground to heat water and is also energy-efficient. The pump is on the top which means that it takes up a lot of room and it needs cleaning once or twice annually.
- Solar-Powered Water Heater– Energy from the sun powers this water heater through solar panels. The most energy-efficient water heater option, energy is transferred to a heat-conductive material via a closed loop system which heats water in the tank. It works quite well in sunny, warm climates but does require a backup like electricity or natural gas for cloudy days.
- Condensing Water Heater – For homes with natural gas, this water heater funnels heated exhaust fumes from the natural gas system to heat water in a conventional-type tank.