As homes become more efficient with regard to heating and cooling, the percentage of energy consumed to heat water increases. For this reason, it is important that you purchase the most efficient water heater available. When deciding to purchase a standard, storage tank, gas operated water heater, Bradford White Water Heaters have a number of advantages over their competitors. Available from High Mark Plumbing, your Vancouver Water Heater Expert, the benefits of owning a Bradford White Water Heater include:
- Hydrojet® – factory installed performance system that lowers operating costs, reduces sediment build-up and provides more hot water.
- Vitraglas® – glass tank lining; the best and most durable available in the world today. Vitraglas® minimizes storage tank failure.
- Brass Drain Valve – durable to last the life of the storage tank
- The Defender Safety System® – reduces emissions and reduces Nitrogen Oxides (NOx), providing cleaner and healthier air. Also extends service life of the water heater and maintains exceptional efficiency.
- High Efficiency – construction and materials provide high efficiency operation, reducing the cost to heat water for your home or business.
- Piezo Ignition – makes lighting the pilot light easy
What to Consider in a Storage Water Heater
Capacity – be certain to not over- or under-size your storage water heater. The most effective measure of a water heater is the Peak Hour Demand, or the First Hour Demand (FHD) rating of the water heater you may be considering. The FHD is the amount of hot water the unit will deliver in one hour. This rating is, by law, required to be included on the Energy Guide Label. The Water Heater Experts in Vancouver at High Mark Plumbing can perform a capacity test to determine the optimum size storage water heater for your needs
Energy Efficiency – of a storage water heater is indicated by the Energy Factor (EF). The higher the EF, the higher the efficiency of the water heater. Gas fired water heater EFs typically range from 0.5 to 0.6; with some high-efficiency models rating as high as 0.8. Efficiency is increased with insulation; a well-constructed storage water heater will have at least 1.5 inches of insulation. As with the FHD, the EF is, by law, included on the Energy Guide Label of every water heater.
Cost to Own – although you can save money for the initial purchase of a lower quality storage water heater, the poor efficiency and EFH ratings can make the unit much more expensive to operate. By spending a little more up front for a high quality Bradford White Water Heater from High Mark Plumbing, the increased efficiency will decrease the cost of operation. The Bradford White water heater will last longer as well. All things considered, the cost to own a high quality water heater is far less than a lower cost water heater.
Contact High Mark Plumbing for purchase and installation of a new Bradford White Storage Water Heater in the Vancouver Area today! The hot water experts will help you determine the appropriate size and design for your home or business needs.