Whether your home is new or has a little age to it, the plumbing in Vancouver should always be in peak condition. We use water for so many different situations that it is essential that the plumbing system function as it should. There are all kinds of issues that may occur with your plumbing that should be cared for by a licensed plumber.
The most common problems include:
- A leaky pipe. While this occurs a lot in the winter, it can happen at any time. Clues to a leak may be a wet spot on the ceiling or floor. Water damage is expensive to repair so quickly calling a pro may avert a disaster.
- A dripping faucet. In addition to being annoying, this is a waste of water and money.
- A continuously running toilet. As much as 200 gallons of water is wasted when the commode does not shut off.
- A leaky hose bibb. Recognized mostly in spring and summer, this is usually the result of a cracked bibb from colder weather in the winter.
- Decreased water pressure. This happens more frequently in older homes. It may require a simple shower head replacement, or you may have an undiscovered leak.
- Sump pump malfunction. Heavy rain is usually the culprit.
- A clogged or slow drain. Drain cleaners are not the answer! A plumber can expertly clear the drain without harming the pipes.
- A broken water heater. These appliances typically last for 8-12 years. It may be time for a replacement, or the heating element may need to be changed.