It can be fairly obvious when you should consider water main replacement in Northeast Calgary. Your plumbing system goes through a lot and components do wear out over time. It can be stressful to deal with plumbing damage, so it is essential to know when the system should be replaced.
Since your main water line brings water into your home, it can be devastating when something goes wrong. From inoperable plumbing to sewage throughout your house, the results are messy, inconvenient and expensive.
Signs that you should call a licensed plumber to determine if your line should be replaced include:
- Tree roots that have worked their way into your lines to form clogs, cause a collapse or the lines burst.
- Water coming from the faucets that seem to be discolored or has some sort of a foul smell could be due to contamination on some level.
- A sudden water pressure drop that happens more frequently than not could be due to a problem with the water lines.
- Funny noises when the water is off, such as whooshing or bubbling sounds.
- Your water bill is higher than it should be for a few months in a row.
- Pests like rats and roaches travel through damaged lines entering the home. If you start to see them, call the professionals for inspection immediately.
- Bright green grass in a couple of patches in the yard or unexpected puddles could be due to a broken water main.
Virtually everyone has a plumbing problem from time to time, but routine maintenance can help to ensure that your plumbing continues to operate as it should. Call High Mark Plumbing at (403) 407-5750 for water main replacement in Northeast Calgary or for any other plumbing issue you may have.