There are few things more relaxing after a hard day at work than a nice hot shower. The water seems to slough away not only grime but tension and frustrations you may have experienced. What you don’t want to happen is to step in the shower and get a cold blast of water from a malfunctioning boiler. Keep the phone number of High Mark Plumbing close by in case this unwelcome problem happens to you, and you think you may need boiler repair in McKenzie Towne.
Other signs may also point to a boiler crisis:
- Cool or cold radiators. This may be due to an air or sludge build-up. If only the top of the radiator is cold, a bleed should remedy the issue. If the whole radiator is cold, you will need to contact a plumber.
- Peculiar sounds emanating from the boiler. There may be limescale or muck on the heat exchanger, and this type of blockage can cause water overheating along with funny noises.
- A water leak from your boiler is the result of several problems. Try to pinpoint the source so your technician can get to the heart of the problem.
- The boiler keeps switching itself off. A closed valve, low water pressure or a thermostat malfunction may be to blame.
- A nasty smell when the heat kicks in will require immediate attention. If there is a gas leak or fuel that does not burn completely, carbon monoxide could be released into your home and this is extremely dangerous for occupants.