Most homeowners do not spend much time sitting back and thinking about the inner workings of your house, including the sewer lines. Unfortunately, this could someday become a problem. If you experience a backup in the sewer lines, you will probably have to live somewhere else for a while because your home will not be livable until the situation has been fixed and the repair will likely be quite costly. Scheduling periodic sewer main cleaning in Cochrane will offer a little extra insurance against blockage. In addition, there are some steps you can take to keep lines clear:
- Cooking oil and grease do not belong in the drain. Pour into a container instead and put in the trash.
- An annual maintenance check is ideal.
- Bottled chemical drain cleaners damage sewer lines and your pipes. Choose to use a nontoxic enzymatic cleaner monthly.
- Older sewer lines can break or crack from root intrusion. Replacing them with durable plastic piping can save you money in the future.
- Shrubbery and trees planted near sewer lines can lead to root problems.
- Toilet tissue is the only material that should be flushed down the commode. Paper towels, feminine products, and tiny toys will harm sewer lines and cause blockages.
If you do have a congested drain, a sewer line backup or any other plumbing problem, contact the skilled plumbers at High Mark Plumbing at (604) 945-6060. We provide convenient 24-hour emergency service and will be happy to assist you in getting your plumbing working at optimum efficiency as quickly as we can. Book your yearly appointment for sewer main cleaning in Cochrane and check this important item off your annual home to-do list.