A hot shower or bath after a long day at work offers a chance to relax and unwind. The water not only takes away the accumulation of dirt you gathered throughout the day but eliminates stress and tension. Stepping into the shower or bath and getting a startling blast of cold water is not what you expect or want to happen. It may be time to schedule an appointment with a company experienced with boilers in Coquitlam like High Mark Plumbing.
Other indications that you may have a problem with your boiler include:
- A cool or cold radiator. This may be the result of sludge or air build-up. Bleeding the radiator will take care of the problem if only the top of the radiator is cold. If the entire radiator is cold, a plumber is needed.
- If you smell an unpleasant odor when the heat kicks on, intervention is required. A gas leak or fuel that has not completely burned could release carbon monoxide, resulting in a very dangerous situation.
- A boiler that continually turns itself off. This could be from low water pressure, a thermostat issue or a closed valve.
- Strange boiler sounds. Muck or limescale may have built-up on the heat exchanger. This can lead to overheated water and unusual noises.
- A boiler leak could be caused by several different problems. Pinpointing the source of the leak, if possible, can help your technician resolve the situation more quickly.
We have the skilled and experienced team at High Mark Plumbing that you need and you can reach us 24/7 to take care of all your plumbing issues, including proficient work with boilers in Coquitlam. Contact us today at (604) 678-1650.