Are you looking for a plumbing company that can offer you highly effective sewer main cleaning in Surrey? High Mark Plumbing has extensive experience in the field and is ready to ensure that your sewer lines are looking good as new. We have extensive experience with sewer main cleaning, so you can trust us to get the job done right for you the first time.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about sewer main cleaning:
How often should I get my sewer main cleaned?
As a useful measure for preventive maintenance, it is recommended to have your sewer line cleaned approximately every 18 to 22 months. If you notice that you’re having issues more frequently than that, call a plumber right away to see what’s going on with your pipes. In many cases, plumbers can even do a video inspection or other types of investigation to diagnose the issue.
What are some warning signs that my sewer main needs cleaning?
There are a variety of issues that can lead to you needing your pipes cleaned, and not all of them are because your pipes are dirty. While that is often the case, many other factors need to be ruled out. These factors include:
- Plant and tree roots penetrating pipes are the number one cause of backups in any sewer system. Roots often penetrate pipes and grow until they fill them up completely, which can cause a blockage. Roots can also break pipes, which can cause an even bigger problem.
- Bellied piping can also be an issue. A bellied pipe has sagging, which is especially common when part of the pipe slopes down, creating an effect like a shaped like a belly. This issue is frequently caused by the soil around the pipe becoming loose and breaking, which allows the pipe to sink. The belly shape of this type of piping can allow waste to accumulate and eventually create a blockage.
- Grease is another big thing to look out for with sewer main blockages. While many homeowners pour oil down their pipes to get rid of old cooking grease, this can be a big problem for pipes, as the grease eventually turns solid and can block up your pipes. If you notice this happening because of oil, get your pipes hydro-jetted as soon as possible.
What warning signs should I look for that something’s wrong with my pipes?
- Gurgling sounds from your pipes
- Slow drains, multiple clogged drains, or recurring clogs in your drains
- Water backing up into your shower or tub when using the washing machine
- Water backing up around your basement drain tile
- Raw sewage backing up into drains, toilets, or bathtubs
If you need effective plumbing service for sewer main cleaning in Surrey, you can count on High Mark Plumbing to get the job done right the first time. For more information on our plumbing services, or to schedule an appointment for service, give our team a call today at (604) 678-1650.