No one wants to have plumbing problems. They are inconvenient and often messy. You can get in touch with dependable plumbers in Langley with a simple phone call. Homeowners cause a lot of plumbing problems themselves that plumbers wish you realized. Here are some to avoid:
- Using toilet tabs or other chemicals for cleaning your toilets. The chemicals these products contain cause tank parts to wear out prematurely and they often don’t completely disintegrate, leading to problems flushing. Vinegar and baking soda make a great cleaning combination.
- Relying on harsh chemicals to remove drain clogs. They damage pipes. Keep grease and hair out of drains to reduce problems.
- Only flush toilet tissue. Everything is NOT flushable.
- Not having an alarmed leak protection system or the ability to shut off the water.
- Not periodically replacing hoses on washing machines and dishwashers.
- Taking care of clogs yourself.
- Adjusting your water heater’s pressure valve.
- Working your garbage disposal too much. Grease and fat should never be poured down the drain. While items like apples and celery can be chopped up, they cause excessive disposal wear.
- You have an old water heater. These appliances last from 8-12 years and should be replaced on schedule.
- Not knowing where the main water valve and all emergency shut-off valves are. It is important to find this equipment so you can use them if needed.
Contact the professionals at High Mark Plumbing to take care of all your plumbing issues, whether you need help or have questions about the most energy efficient hot water heaters. You can reach our plumbers in Langley at (604) 678-1650.