Most people don’t really think about the water heater in their home until something goes wrong – like an unanticipated cold shower. The key to effective water heater operation is ongoing maintenance. It is better to find a problem during a scheduled service call than when you least expect it. There are a few signs that your water heater is malfunctioning and that you should make an appointment soon for water heater repair in Coquitlam.
- When you turn on the water faucet and expect to get hot water and get cold or lukewarm water instead, there is an issue.
- If your water tank is an older model, it may need to be replaced. Normally, water heaters last about 6-12 years, depending on the amount of use.
- Rusty water coming from the water heater indicate deterioration and corrosion that will only get worse. If the cold water is also rusty, it may be a problem with the public water supply.
- A leaking hot water tank signals the likely need for replacement. Although there may be times when a repair is warranted, a new tank will eliminate the issue entirely.
- As you use your water heater for routine tasks like washing clothes and dishes and a few bodies, sediment accumulates in the bottom of the water tank. Annual flushing takes care of the problem. Buildup of sediment can cause water to back up inside the tank and not drain out as it should. This can create irreversible damage.
- The anode rode should be inspected annually, as well, to make certain that it is operating efficiently.
Call High Mark Plumbing at (604) 678-1650 for questions about your water heater or to schedule an appointment for water heater repair in Coquitlam.