A water main break can cause significant disruption to a home or business property. Loss of water pressure affects all activities that require water – showers and baths, the dishwasher, washing machine, flushing toilets and simply washing hands. In addition to these inconveniences, repair or the cost of a water main replacement in Vancouver can incur extensive expense.
This major undertaking is best completed by professionals experienced in this type of work.
High Mark Plumbing has the expertise and skill to substitute a broken water main with the least amount of trouble and in the most cost-effective manner.
There can be several reasons that a water main may break, including:
- Corrosion – Soil that is excessively acidic can corrode portions of the pipe. These sections become thinner than the rest of the water main and are subject to leaks and holes.
- High Pressure – Water hammer, or the incorrect sealing of valves within the water main system, often leads to extra pressure on the pipes that can cause breakage.
- Frozen Soil – Air temperatures below freezing for extended periods of time bring about soil expansion that, in turn, compresses the pipes that either develops holes in various areas or crushes them completely.
- Root Infiltration – Over time, developing and growing tree roots can infringe upon pipes and squeeze them.
- Soil Shifts – Earthquakes or landslides can move pipes out of place.
For minor repairs or for water main replacement in Vancouver, call the plumbing professionals at High Mark Plumbing at (604) 678-9440. We offer 24 hour service and guarantee your satisfaction with our work.