There are many times that you can fix a plumbing issue yourself, as long as the situation is minor and if you are confident that you can take care of it. However, there are other times when you should contact a plumber in Airdrie to address a situation that could result in extensive damage if it is not handled by a professional.
Here are a few of these circumstances:
- No hot water. Since this is usually the result of a malfunctioning water heater, it is best to leave this to a licensed plumber. The problem may require replacement of a heating element or the entire unit may need to be substituted.
- Inadequate water pressure. The source of dribbling water can be difficult to detect. Defective pipes, problems with the city water supply or a pipe blockage can cause a lack of water pressure.
- One or more burst pipes. A broken or cracked pipe often leads to flooding and an expensive mess to clean up. Pinpointing the precise location of the damage is a job for the pros.
- Pipe obstruction. A blocked sewer line may be due to the buildup of sediment in the pipe, tree roots that impede proper flow or accumulated debris. A plumber will offer a safe resolution to rectify this unfortunate situation. Using chemicals to clear a drain is not recommended as it damages the pipes.
- Installing new fixtures and appliances. This is particularly applicable during renovations and remodeling. Relocating these items should only be attempted by a licensed plumber to ensure that the job is completed according to code.